In order to expedite the establishment of local PACE programs in Texas and to facilitate an orderly, consistent, state-wide approach to PACE design and implementation, KPT organized a broad-based coalition of over 100 PACE stakeholders (the “Texas PACE Coalition”) to collaborate in developing a toolkit for local governments to use in creating their PACE programs.
Introducing the Pace in a Box Toolkit!
The PACE in a Box Toolkit has all of the information needed to start a PACE in a Box program compiled in to one document. The toolkit, known as “PACE in a Box,” contains all of the design elements, documents and implementation steps necessary for a local government to establish an effective PACE program quickly and economically. PACE in a Box will standardize the design of PACE programs in Texas, resulting in uniformity and predictability of requirements for PACE financing among all participating local jurisdictions. As a result, the various stakeholders in PACE financing transactions – property owners, lenders, governmental agencies, energy service companies, manufacturers and others – will be able to accelerate the process of utilizing PACE financing in Texas.
Model PACE in a Box Documents, Forms and Contracts
Use these documents as templates when starting a PACE program.
Documents for Local Governments Starting a Local PACE in a Box Program
- Local Government Implementation Outline of Statutory Responsibilities
- Model Local Government Report
- Model County Resolution of Intent to Establish a Local Program
- Municipal Resolution of Intent to Create a PACE in a Box Program
- Model County Resolution Establishing a Local PACE in a Box Program
- Model Municipal Resolution Establishing a Local PACE in a Box Program
- Interlocal Agreement
- See Section 4 for a complete discussion of and best practices for adopting a PACE in a Box program.
- See Section 5 of PACE in a Box for a complete discussion of and best practices for administering a PACE in a Box program.
Documents for PACE in a Box Projects
- Model Project Application
- Model Lender Consent to PACE Assessment
- Model PACE in a Box Owner Contract
- PACE in a Box Lender Contract
- Model PACE in a Box Certificate to PACE Lender
- PACE in a Box Notice of Assessment Lien to be Filed in the Real Property Records
- Technical Standards Manual
- Model Program Guide for Participants
- PACE in a Box Best Practices Guide for Property Owners
- See Section 6 of the PACE in a Box Toolkit for Underwriting Requirements
- See Section 7 of the PACE in a Box Toolkit for Lending Criteria
Please Click here for a complete description of PACE in a Box including the project design, management plan, and more.
To join the volunteer effort to implement PACE in a Box, please Click here.